TERMS AND CONDITIONS
USE OF SITE
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. ‘Deep-linking’, ‘embedding’ or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The contents of this site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement. The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracyof these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility. This disclaimer does not exclude any damages that are attributed to the negligence of ConnectMe ISP or any of its employees. The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect. Additional disclaimer clauses apply, and can be viewed at https://www.connectmeisp.co.za/legal-information/. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions mean that you accept, understand and agree to the afore-mentioned disclaimer.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- Change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavors to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
When you click to make a purchase with us legal obligations arise and your right to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by us, are limited by our terms & conditions. You must not make any purchase through this site unless you understand and agree all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. If you have any queries please contact us before making any purchase for any service through this website. Our 24 hour, 7 day a week support number is 0861 300 900.
ADSL is provided as a best-effort service and uptime cannot be guaranteed. During any technical failure, modification or maintenance of the service provided, ConnectMe ISP will use its reasonable endeavors to resume the service as soon as possible. This excludes upstream provider infrastructure that is not within the control of ConnectMe ISP.
The Acceptable Use Policy for the justSurf, justUncapped and justUncapped Express+ can be found at https://www.connectmeisp.co.za/legal-information/. By accepting the Terms and Conditions, you also agree to the afore-mentioned AUP. All uncapped accounts are billed within a calendar month (1st to last day of every month), all accounts are not charged prorata if you sign up on the last or first day of the month the price remains the same. Your proof of payment is to reach us before 5pm on the last day of the month to prevent service interruption on the 1st of each month. Should you require a proforma invoice a request can be sent to email@example.com.
The ConnectMe ISP Hosting environment is offered without uptime guarantees, unless specifically stated. Local Hosting refers to the physical location, and not the IP traffic and/or network routing. This means that the hosting servers are physically located within the boundaries of South Africa. International Hosting refers to servers physically hosted outside the boundaries of South Africa. ConnectMe ISP has not and does not conduct pre-registration searches in respect of the customer’s use and registration of its selected Domain Name/s and is therefore not obliged to either advise the Domain Name customer/customer about possible conflicting third party rights or to take steps to ensure against possible disputes concerning a third party’s intellectual property or other rights. Domain Names are registered by the respective Registrars on a first come first served basis we are therefore unable to guarantee that the domain name applied for will be available when the instruction is sent to the Registrar. The use or registration of the Domain Name by the customer does not interfere with nor infringe the rights of any third party in any jurisdiction with respect to trademark, service mark, tradename, company name, close corporation name, copyright nor any other intellectual property right, and that customer has the right to use the Domain Name as requested. ConnectMe ISP cannot act as an arbiter of disputes arising out of the registration and use of Domain Names. At the same time, customer acknowledges that ConnectMe ISP may be presented with evidence that a Domain Name registered by customer violates the rights of a third party. In such instance ConnectMe ISP shall be allowed to provide a complainant with customer ‘s name and address and all further communication will exclude ConnectMe ISP and ConnectMe ISP will have no further obligations to the customer. In such instance customer shall be entitled to continue using the Domain Name registered for customer by ConnectMe ISP until a court or other body with jurisdiction directs otherwise. ConnectMe ISP will not be liable for any loss or damage, interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits), regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, delict, or otherwise which may be suffered as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to the use and/or registration of the Customer’s selected domain names/s OR ANY ACTION TAKEN BY CONNECTME ISP IN RESPONSE TO THE ABUSE OF THE DOMAIN REGISTRATION SERVICES WHICH IT OFFERS. The Customer hereby indemnifies and holds harmless ConnectMe ISP against any loss whatsoever arising from any dispute or claim or other action occasioned by the Customer’s use and registration of its selected Domain Name, even if ConnectMe ISP has been advised of the possibility of such damages; ConnectMe ISP will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind, irrespective of how such damage or loss was caused, whether arising under contract, delict or otherwise, including, and not limited to, data loss or corruption, loss of profits, contracts, operation time and goodwill. Neither ConnectMe ISP, its employees, affiliates, agents, third party information providers, merchants, licensers or the like, warrant that ConnectMe ISP’s Server service will not be interrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Server service or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information service or merchandise contained in or provided through the ConnectMe ISP Server service, unless otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement. ConnectMe ISP expressly limits its damages to the Customer for any non-accessibility time or other down time during the system unavailability. ConnectMe ISP specifically denies any responsibilities for any damages arising as a consequence of such unavailability. ConnectMe ISP is not responsible if an external company network and firewall is setup to block access to services ConnectMe ISP provides. If a client’s network is setup to block certain ports or web addresses that compromise the services ConnectMe ISP provides it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that their network configurations are changed as necessary.
Refunds will not be granted for accounts purchased in error. Should it be proven that an account is not working as per the Product Description, Terms and Conditions and/or Acceptable Usage Policy a refund will be granted. Refunds for amounts deposited into an ConnectMe ISP banking account erroneously will also have a 15% fee levied to cover our bank charges. Products purchased using the Paypal or 2Checkout payment methods will be refunded back to you less our gateway fees and Fraud Checks fees currently set at 25%, to verify the purchase is not fraudulent. Refunds are processed after the second week of the month.
The cancellation of a product is your responsibility. Cancellations may be actioned from your control panel. Should you cancel after the 24th and are on the debit order payment method; your cancellation will be effective from the end of the following month (see Debit Orders below). If your payment method is EFT or Credit card you are able to email your cancellation request after the 24th from the email address registered with us to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17:00 on the last day of the month. Emailing your cancellation request does not guarantee that your service will be cancelled.
TELKOM ADSL LINES
By supplying your banking details and agreeing to the Terms & Conditions the following will be seen as accepted and agreed to: I/We hereby authorise Del Fava Technology Services cc t/a ConnectMe ISP to apply for a new/transfer of my/our ADSL Line from Telkom SA Ltd. ADSL Lines remain the property of Telkom SA Limited, installations and repairs remain there responsibility. Del Fava Technology Services cc t/a ConnectMe ISP will on behalf of our customer as far as possible deal with Telkom SA Limited on the customer’s behalf. Any credit due to the customer by Telkom SA Limited after the transfer of their ADSL Line to Del Fava Technology Services cc t/a ConnectMe ISP remains the responsibility of Telkom SA Limited and the customer will need to converse with Telkom SA Limited directly to arrange this if not done automatically. The activation of a new line is dependent on the exchange being ADSL ready as well as ports being available, the activation of a new line, cancellation, upgrade/downgrade or transfer is dependent on Telkom SA Limited as such cannot be guaranteed by Del Fava Technology Services cc t/a ConnectMe ISP. Telkom SA Limited do not allow two actions to be performed at the same time, we are therefore not able to perform a transfer and an upgrade/downgrade at the same time, we need to process each action separately. The customer will continue to be billed by Telkom SA Limited for the telephone/fax line rental and telephone/fax calls as well as any other services provided to them directly by Telkom. The ADSL line rental will be billed to the customer by Del Fava Technology Services cc t/a ConnectMe ISP together with any other services provided to them. The customer will be billed a prorata amount from the date of installation/activation/upgrade or transfer of the ADSL Line and your nominated bank account will be debited with the prorata amount. Should your debit order payment be returned (initial and monthly) unpaid the ADSL Line will be suspended immediately, failure to pay the outstanding amount within 7 days will result in the ADSL Line being transferred back to Telkom SA Limited which will result in your telephone/fax line account being charged for the ADSL Line by Telkom SA Limited. Cancellations need to reach us by 4pm, no later than 7 working days before the end of the month, all cancellations received after this will only be cancelled at the end of the following month and the account holder will be liable for the ADSL line cost. Please also note that ADSL lines are not cancelled during the month but only at the end of the month, if you wish to have your line cancelled during the course of a month you will not be refunded any monies already paid for that month. Telkom terms and conditions can be found at: http://www.telkom.co.za/general/termsandconditions/index.html
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR). We accept credit card payments via the website and on request will supply our banking details should you wish to make payment via EFT or Direct Deposit.
OUR BANKING DETAILS
Please note: When making a payment use the bank beneficiary ConnectMe ISP. Detailed instructions can be found on our website at https://www.connectmeisp.co.za/contact-us/
Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site’s registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information. Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems. The Merchant does not have access to credit details. Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
By supplying your banking details and agreeing to the Terms & Conditions the following will be seen as accepted and agreed to: I/we hereby request and authorize you to draw against my/our our bank account (or any other bank or branch to which I/we may transfer my/our account) the due amount or any variable amount pertaining to this agreement, on the first working day of each month. This being the amount necessary for the settlement of the monthly invoice and/or any overdue amounts, due to you in respect of my/our purchases/contract/agreement. All such withdrawals from my/our account by you shall be treated as though they had been signed by me/us personally. I/we, “instruct” and authorize your agent Netcash (Pty) Ltd, or by computer through a system provided by the South African Banks to draw against my/our account. I/we understand that if bank details have been supplied the withdrawals authorized here will be processed by BankServ. I/we also understand that details of each withdrawal will be printed on my/our statement. I/we agree to pay any banking charges relating to this debit order instruction. This authority may be cancelled by me/us by completing the cancellation form and faxing it to the number on the form before the 25th of the current month. Debit orders will be processed on the first working day of every month. If your debit order fails, your service(s) will be disabled immediately and your payment method will be set to EFT/Cash Deposit and you will be required to pay the outstanding amount in order to reactivate your service. Your debit order is on an automated process and cannot be stopped after the 24th of each month. Please note that if you are cancelling your service(s) with ConnectMe ISP, you need to cancel via your control panel by the 24th of the month. Failure to do so will result in the product being activated and the monthly subscription being debited from your bank account. If you cancel on or after the 25th of the month, cancellation of the service will be actioned for the end of the following month.
Please note that the control panels will be offline between 19:00 and 00:30 on the last day of every month due to various monthly processing operations that need to be performed. Accounts that have reached 100% usage will be capped and you will not be able to top up until 00:30. Please ensure that all new purchases, service changes and top ups have been processed before 17:00 on the last day of the month to ensure that your request is actioned before 19:00.
In terms of Section 75 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (“the Act”) ConnectMe ISP has designated the Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA) as an agent to receive notifications of infringements as defined in Section 77 of the Act. Details for ISPA: Tel: 010 500 1200 email@example.com PO Box 518 Noordwyk 1687 Midrand
RESELLERS (SUPERSEDES THE ABOVE)
- Cancellations The cancellation of a product is your responsibility. Cancellations may be actioned from your control panel. All cancellations need to be completed before 19:00 on the last day of the month. Failure to do so will result in your renewal balance reflecting all the active accounts on your profile and that amount will be due before the 1st of the new month. Emailing your cancellation request does not guarantee that your service will be cancelled.
- Payments You will only be able to purchase services up to the value of your credit balance on your profile. To ensure that your payment reflects, please ensure that you pay well in advance. Should your payment for the following not reflect by 17:00 on the last day of the month, your products will not start on the 1st.
- Month End Please note that the reseller and reseller-client control panels will be offline between 19:00 and 00:30 on the last day of every month due to various monthly processing operations that need to be performed. Accounts that have reached 100% usage will be capped and you will not be able to top up until 00:30. Please ensure that all new purchases, service changes and top ups have been processed before 17:00 on the last day of the month to ensure that your request is actioned before 19:00. Cancellations should be processed via your own control panel before 19:00.
I ACCEPT AND UNDERSTAND THAT:
The service will be subject to:
- Provisions of the Electronic Communications Act No 36 of 2005 (“the ECA”). Telkom’s Public Switched Telecommunications Service License Conditions and Telkom’s, SAIX & Internet Solution’s Conditions of Service as amended from time to time. (A copy of these conditions is available from Telkom SAIX & Internet Solutions).
- I will rent the service for the contract term as indicated in this order. Cancellation via control panel is the accepted cancellation method.
- Should I/we fail to pay my/our account I/we shall be liable for any resultant collection, tracing and/or legal fees.
- ConnectMe ISP will be entitled to verify the information contained on the customer’s order form and generally make enquiries it deems necessary. ConnectMe ISP will also be entitled to furnish any information regarding the customer’s account with ConnectMe ISP and his compliance with these conditions to any credit bureau / Bank.
- I/we hereby indemnify ConnectMe ISP against any damage, loss, claims or cost that may result from the work being done in connection with the connection and / or removal of the service.
- The ADSL service is sold as a best effort service and does not provide any guaranteed throughput to the world wide web.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Thank you for reading ConnectMe ISP’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). By accessing this website, or by contracting with us for service, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this policy and the terms and conditions it contains, as well as any other additional terms, conditions, rules or policies which are displayed to you in connection with this service/website. The purpose of this AUP is to comply with the relevant laws of the Republic; to specify to customers and users of our service/website what activities and online behaviour are considered an unacceptable use of the service/website; to protect the integrity of our network and to specify the consequences that may flow from undertaking such prohibited activities. This document contains a number of legal obligations which you are presumed to be familiar with. As such, we encourage you to read this document thoroughly and direct any queries to our customer services/legal department at 087 150 4825 ConnectMe ISP respects the rights of our customers and users of our services to freedom of speech and expression; access to information; privacy; human dignity; religion, belief and opinion in accordance with our constitution. We undertake not to interfere with any of those rights unless required to do so by law; unless those rights are exercised for unlawful purposes; or unless the exercise of those rights threatens to cause harm to another person or affect the integrity of our network.
ConnectMe ISP’s services/website may only be used for lawful purposes and activities. We prohibit any use of our website/network including the transmission, storage and distribution of any material or content using our network that violates any law or regulation of the Republic. This includes:
- Any violation of local and international laws prohibiting child pornography; obscenity; discrimination (including racial, gender or religious slurs) and hate speech; or speech designed to incite violence or hatred, or threats to cause bodily harm.
- Any activity designed to defame, abuse, stalk, harass or physically threaten any individual in the Republic or beyond its borders; including any attempt to link to, post, transmit or otherwise distribute any inappropriate or defamatory material.
- Any violation of Intellectual Property laws including materials protected by local and international copyright, trademarks and trade secrets. Moreover ConnectMe ISP cannot be held liable if you make any unlawful use of any multimedia content accessed through the search facility provided by ConnectMe ISP’s network, or otherwise available through access to our network, whether for commercial or noncommercial purposes.
- Any violation of the individual’s right to privacy, including any effort to collect personal data of third parties without their consent.
- Any fraudulent activity whatsoever, including dubious financial practices, such as pyramid schemes; the impersonation of another subscriber without their consent; or any attempt to enter into a transaction with ConnectMe ISP on behalf of another subscriber without their consent.
- Any violation of the exchange control laws of the Republic.
- Any activity that results in the sale, transmission or distribution of pirated or illegal software.
- Failing to respond to a request by a recipient of unsolicited mail to be removed from any mailing or direct marketing list and continuing to send unsolicited mail following such a request for removal.
Where any user resides outside of the Republic, permanently or temporarily, such user will be subject to the laws of the country in which s/he is currently resident and which apply. On presentation of a legal order to do so, or under obligation through an order for mutual foreign legal assistance, ConnectMe ISP will assist foreign law enforcement agencies (LEA) in the investigation and prosecution of a crime committed using ConnectMe ISP’s resources, including the provisioning of all personal identifiable data.
The following sections outline activities that are considered an unacceptable use of ConnectMe ISP’s services/network/website and also detail the guidelines for acceptable use of certain facilities/services, as the case may be.
THREATS TO NETWORK SECURITY
Any activity which threatens the functioning, security and/or integrity of ConnectMe ISP’s network is unacceptable. This includes:
- Any efforts to attempt to gain unlawful and unauthorised access to the network or circumvent any of the security measures established by ConnectMe ISP for this goal;
- Any effort to use ConnectMe ISP’s equipment to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network or account (“cracking” or “hacking”);
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header (spoofing) or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
- Any effort to breach or attempt to breach the security of another user or attempt to gain access to any other person’s computer, software, or data without the knowledge and consent of such person;
- Any activity which threatens to disrupt the service offered by ConnectMe ISP through “denial of service attacks”; flooding of a network, or overloading a service or any unauthorised probes (“scanning” or “nuking”) of others’ networks;
- Any activity which in any way threatens the security of the network by knowingly posting, transmitting, linking to or otherwise distributing any information or software which contains a virus; Trojan horse; worm, lock, mail bomb, cancelbot or other harmful, destructive or disruptive component.
- Any unauthorised monitoring of data or traffic on the network without ConnectMe ISP’s explicit, written consent.
- Any unsolicited mass mailing activity including direct marketing; spam and chain letters for commercial or other purposes, without the consent of the recipients of those mails.
PUBLIC SPACE AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SITES
In reading this AUP or in signing a service contract with ConnectMe ISP, you acknowledge that ConnectMe ISP has no power to control the content of the information passing over the Internet and its applications, including e-mail; chat rooms; news groups; or other similar fora, and that ConnectMe ISP cannot be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any of the abovementioned content, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any such content. Our services also offer access to numerous third party webpages. You acknowledge that we exercise absolutely no control over such third party content, or sites and in such cases, our network is merely a conduit or means of access and transmission. This includes, but is not limited to, third party content contained on or accessible through the ConnectMe ISP network websites and web pages or sites displayed as search results or contained within a directory of links on the ConnectMe ISP network. It remains your responsibility to review and evaluate any such content, and that any and all risk associated with the use of, or reliance on, such> content rests with you. Access to public Internet spaces, such as bulletin boards, Usenet groups, chat rooms and moderated forums is entirely voluntary and at your own risk. ConnectMe ISP employees do not moderate any of these services, or your communications, transmissions or use of these services. We do not undertake any responsibility for any content contained therein, or for any breaches of your right to privacy that you may experience as a result of accessing such spaces.
- The customer is responsible for determining and familiarizing himself or herself with the written policies of a given newsgroup before posting to it. The customer must comply with these guidelines at all times which can be obtained from other users of the newsgroup upon request, or from the group’s administrators/moderators. The following are prohibited practices with regard to Usenet newsgroups and ConnectMe ISP reserves the right to delete and/or cancel posts which violate the following conditions:
- Excessive cross-posting of the same article to multiple newsgroups.
- Posting of irrelevant or off-topic material to newsgroups (also known as USENET spam).
- Posting binaries to a non-binary newsgroup.
- Posting adverts, solicitations, or any other commercial messages unless the guidelines of the newsgroup in question explicitly permit them.
UNSOLICITED, SPAM AND JUNK MAIL
- Spam and unsolicited bulk mail are highly problematic practices. They affect the use and enjoyment of services by others and often compromise network security. ConnectMe ISP will take swift and firm action against any user engaging in any of the following unacceptable practices:
- Sending unsolicited bulk mail for marketing or any other purposes (political, religious or commercial) to people who have not consented to receiving such mail;
- Operating or maintaining mailing lists without the express permission of all recipients listed;[/li]
- Failing to promptly remove from lists invalid or undeliverable addresses or addresses of unwilling recipients or a recipient who has indicated s/he wishes to be removed from such list;
- Using ConnectMe ISP’s service to collect responses from unsolicited e-mail sent from accounts on other Internet hosts or e-mail services, that violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet service provider;
- Including ConnectMe ISP’s name in the header or by listing an IP ADDRESS that belongs to ConnectMe ISP in any unsolicited email whether sent through ConnectMe ISP’s network or not;
ConnectMe ISP provides a spam and virus filtering system to protect customers from unsolicited mail and viruses. The customer acknowledges that this system might incorrectly identify a valid message as spam or as a virus and consequently this message might not be delivered to the customer. The customer acknowledges and agrees that ConnectMe ISP shall without limitation have no responsibility for, or liability in respect of any data lost as a result of this system. ConnectMe ISP reserves the right to examine incoming or outgoing mail to the extent necessary to determine if it is classified as spam.
Webmail and other web based email services made available by ConnectMe ISP are provided on an “as is” basis without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, and the customer acknowledges and agrees that ConnectMe ISP shall have no responsibility for, or liability in respect of, any aspect of the Webmail services, including without limitation for any lost or damaged data or any acts or omissions of ConnectMe ISP. As webmail storage space is limited, some Webmail messages may not be processed due to space constraints or message limitations. Webmail is provided to individuals and for personal use only. Any unauthorised commercial use of the Webmail service, or resale of the Webmail service is expressly prohibited.
PROTECTION OF MINORS
ConnectMe ISP prohibits customers from using ConnectMe ISP’s service to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including, but not limited to, by hosting, possessing, disseminating, distributing or transmitting material that is unlawful, including child pornography.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Customers are responsible for any misuse of ConnectMe ISP’s services that occurs through the customer’s account. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that unauthorised persons do not gain access to or misuse ConnectMe ISP’s service. ConnectMe ISP urges customers not to reply to unsolicited mail or “spam”, not to click on any suggested links provided in the unsolicited mail. Doing so remains the sole responsibility of the customer and ConnectMe ISP cannot be held liable for the Customer being placed on any bulk mailing lists as a result. Where the customer has authorised a minor to use any of the ConnectMe ISP’s services or access its websites, you accept that as the parent/legal guardian of that minor, you are fully responsible for: the online conduct of such minor; controlling the minor’s access to and use of any services or websites; and the consequences of any misuse by the minor, including but not limited to transactions entered into by the minor using such access. ConnectMe ISP cannot be held liable for any business dealings you have with any third parties on the Internet, including any vendors, or advertisers found on, or through, the ConnectMe ISP network. Further, ConnectMe ISP assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any charges you or any user of your account incurs when making purchases or other transactions in this manner. Further, the responsibility for ensuring compliance with all applicable customs and exchange control laws in connection with any such transactions shall be the customer’s.
COMPLAINTS AND PROCEDURES
It is the customer’s responsibility to familiarise himself or herself with the procedure set out below and report any cases of violation of this AUP to ConnectMe ISP’s designated complaints handling agent. Please note that ConnectMe ISP cannot handle complaints concerning networks or users that do not have service contracts with us or our affiliates, or are outside of our control. In order for ConnectMe ISP to thoroughly investigate the complaint and take appropriate action, all complaints must be in writing, via fax or e-mail and contain as much information as possible, including, but not limited to:
- the origin of abuse or offence, including the website, full mail headers, relevant logfile extracts etc;
- any contact details for the source of the complaint;
- a brief explanation why the incident is considered to be an offence.
ConnectMe ISP discourages anonymous complaints being made via this service, and urges complainants to supply their name and contact details to us. Such information will not be released, except where required by law enforcement. Anonymous complaints will however be acted upon as long as sufficient detail as outlined above is supplied. Action following breach of the AUP Upon receipt of a complaint, or having become aware of an incident, ConnectMe ISP may take any of the following steps: * In the case of a network, inform the user’s network administrator of the incident and request the network administrator or network owner to deal address the incident in terms of this AUP and the ISPA Code of Conduct;
- In severe cases suspend access of the user’s entire network until abuse can be prevented by appropriate means;
- In the case of individual users, warn the user; suspend the user’s account and/or revoke or cancel the user’s network access privileges completely;
- In all cases, charge the offending parties for administrative costs as well as for machine and human time lost due to the incident;
- Assist other networks or website administrators in investigating credible suspicions of any activity listed in this AUP;
- Institute civil or criminal proceedings;
- Share information concerning the incident with other INTERNET ACCESS providers, or publish the information, and/or make available the users’ details to law enforcement agencies.
RESERVATION AND NON WAIVER OF RIGHTS
- ConnectMe ISP reserves the right to amend or alter this policy at any time, and without notice to you..
- ConnectMe ISP reserves the right to take action against any individuals, companies or organizations that violate any of the prohibited activities set out herein, or engage in any illegal or unlawful activity while accessing our services, to the fullest extent of the law. ConnectMe ISP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to act against other types of abuse not listed in this document and to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network..
- ConnectMe ISP reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorised attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property..
- ConnectMe ISP reserves the right to suspend, revoke or cancel ConnectMe ISP’s services to the customer/user if the safety and integrity of ConnectMe ISP’s resources are placed at risk in continuing to provide service to the subscriber/user..
- ConnectMe ISP reserves the right to remove any information or materials in whole or in part, that, in ConnectMe ISP’s sole discretion, is deemed to be offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable..
- ConnectMe ISP does not undertake to guarantee the security of any data passing through its networks. Although ConnectMe ISP will provide a “best effort” service, including regular updates on computer viruses and other threats to security of data, it is the responsibility of the communicating parties to safeguard their data, and ConnectMe ISP cannot be held liable for any loss or damage arising as result of the failure to do so..
- ConnectMe ISP does not waive its right to enforcement of this AUP at any time, or prejudice its right to take subsequent action, should ConnectMe ISP fail, neglect or elect not to enforce a breach of the AUP at any time.
- ConnectMe ISP respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- ConnectMe ISP collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; apply for a service subscription; respond to a customer questionnaire;and through the use of cookie technology. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- ConnectMe ISP may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, ConnectMe ISP will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact our customer services representatives to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information, at 0723900111.
- ConnectMe ISP collects and shares aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content, such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- ConnectMe ISP may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
- Any information ConnectMe ISP collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within ConnectMe ISP or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
PUBLIC SPACE (BULLETIN BOARDS, CHAT ROOMS AND THIRD-PARTY SITES)
- Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site ConnectMe ISP may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. ConnectMe ISP cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
- ConnectMe ISP will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor unless such minor has explicit written consent from a parent or guardian to do so. ConnectMe ISP undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
- ConnectMe ISP reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
- ConnectMe ISP further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
- ConnectMe ISP reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
- ConnectMe ISP reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
ConnectMe ISP prohibits it’s clients from using our service to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including, but not limited to, by HOSTING, possessing, disseminating, distributing or transmitting material that is unlawful, including pornography.
If you would like to add any additional links to this list please contact us.